Wednesday, October 15, 2014

When October Goes



The last rays of sun are disappearng over Wolf Skull Ranch as I reflect on a busy last few days .

After spending all day Sunday working on a movie shoot, Dubs and I drove home at 9 p.m.,  amidst blowing snow and howling winds.    We awoke Monday morning to find the ranch covered in a blanket of white. 
 
Although the snow had melted by noon, it served to remind us that Old Man Winter is not far around the corner.  In the last couple of days, we've hauled and stacked hay for the horses, gathered firewood, finished the shed, and created a firewood rack for the trailer.  

Dubs brought home a nice little stick welder this morning, and has been busy creating new inventions ever since.


Sweety, our Great Pyrenees rescue, continues to dote on her 4 little pups, who turned 3 weeks old today.  They have tripled in size, weighing 5 pounds each, and are as fat as sausages.  Now that their eyes have opened, they amble about curiously, wrestle with each other, and practice acting fierce, with tiny growls that resemble the mogwai from Gremlins.


Tomorrow, we're heading up to Pueblo to purchase a chain saw. Dubs and one of my friends, Paul Paine, are heading out to cut firewood on Friday, so the saw will definitely get a workout. 

We continue to stay warm and toasty in the trailer, thanks to the propane tank woodburning stove that Dubs invented and installed a couple of weeks ago.  

My laptop recently crashed, so I'm having to blog by phone, which is an arduous process.  I'm hoping to pick up a replacement laptop tomorrow, as I'm already going into technology withdrawals.  Between blogging, posting on Facebook and keeping up with the crazy news of the world, a pioneer girl can only do so much with a smartphone.

Signing off for the night, so I can call my son in South Korea and wish him a happy 18th birthday.  God, I miss that boy.

With October halfway over, I wish all of you Horsey kisses and Chardonnay dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment