Saturday, September 27, 2014

With Autumn Closing In

I've been very neglectful of my blog lately, and promise to correct that.  This pioneer girl has been up to an awful lot since my last post of 8/16.   Dubs and I have, with the help of some of our "kids", made remarkable progress in a variety of areas, and are preparing for the inevitable onslaught of Old Man Winter.

As such, I'll make this a progress report.  I realize that many of you out there are legitimately concerned for my well being, and I want to reassure you through blogs and photos that we will not only survive, but thrive through this coming winter, thanks to the ingenuity and brilliance of Dubs.

In the past month, we have installed a working solar energy system, complete with 100 watt solar panels, a 3,000 watt inverter, 2 deep cell batteries holding 193 Ah. and a solar charge controller.  With 330 days of sunshine a year in this glorious place we call Colorado, taking advantage of the solar benefits was definitely at the top of our priority list.

No comments:

Post a Comment