Saturday, August 16, 2014

Two months in

Today marks 2 months since we made the decision to buy some land and move off grid.

In these last 60 days, I've learned more about myself than I have in the last 50 years.  For example, it IS possible to go 4 days without a shower, as long as you have plenty of baby wipes and some Mitchum deodorant.  I've learned that I can go without a microwave or a hair dryer, and that the batteries on the Rav4 and Jeep, if monitored carefully, will keep my phone charged and my Facebook account active (Lord forbid I should go completely off grid...I need my social media lol).  I've learned how precious a drop of water can be, especially after hauling 80 gallons of water a day.  Needless to say, when I boil water for pasta, that same water will be reused two more times (I.e.dishes and flush water for the toilet). 

I could go on, but daylight is fading and I have much still to accomplish.  Needless to say, this promises to be the adventure of my lifetime.

Am I crazy to be living this lifestyle? Perhaps.  But when the sh** hits the fan in this country of ours, and the revolution begins, at least I can say I'm dependent upon no one and ready to stand up for the America I remember.  Did I mention, I'm improving on my marksmanship skills?  Gotta love that .45

Until later
Pioneer hugs and chardonnay kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment