Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day one

Day One:  June 12, 2006

It's official.  This girl is going pioneer.  Just purchased a lovely plot (6+ acres) of land near Ft. Garland, Colorado.  The property is absolutely gorgeous, with mountain views from all directions, fragrant sagebrush and Pinon pines, and a nice ravine for the wind to whistle through.

We moved the camper down to the ranch today, and are ready to start our new adventure.  Looks like I'll be roughing it for a while, having to haul in water for the critters, operate off of a generator, and build our home from the ground up.

I've never taken a leap like this before, and, quite frankly, I'm a bit terrified.  In a couple of days,all of the creature comforts that I have taken for granted (i.e. running water, electricity, a warm shower, internet, etc.) will all be a thing of the past.  Still, with great people all around me, I have no doubt that we will succeed in  building our dream.

More to follow.  I'm exhausted.  Tomorrow will be a whole new adventure.

Cece

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to following you during this new adventure in your life! Maybe one day a movie will be made of your life..lol!
    Love you my friend, wishing you all the happiness in the world!

    ReplyDelete